Saturday, August 8, 2009

Web hosting/domains...I need help picking and need info...please help me! I don't know much...s

OK, I need to know the difference between a domain, web hosting, .com names, all that sort of thing.



What to use for it...I%26#039;m thinking hostmonster.com? What do you think?



Do they use html? If not, what do they use?



I want it to seem very professional...like sites we all go to...how do they get theirs?



Any other info you can give me I would greatly appreciate.



Oh, and by the way, I am looking for a fair price, but I don%26#039;t want it to turn out cheap...what can you get for your money??



Thank you so much!!!



Web hosting/domains...I need help picking and need info...please help me! I don%26#039;t know much...see details.....





What host you use isn%26#039;t very important, as long as it works. I recommend hostingzoom. I use them and they work fine.



As far as what you need, HTML and related technologies are the basic building blocks of the web. They are downloaded and displayed by your web browser. Programming languages such as PHP and Perl are server-side technologies. Whether you can use them or not will depend on if your hosting company supports them.



Large companies have dedicated web teams that create their websites. For the individual/small companies if you really want something to turn out with professional results, I recommend a graphics artist. You can use templates instead if you want, but to the savvy internet user so-called %26quot;template sites%26quot; are easy to spot (although there are some decent ones out there, but you are risking not being the only site out there with a particular design, which may or may not matter to you.)



Web hosting/domains...I need help picking and need info...please help me! I don%26#039;t know much...see details.....



Try http://www.a1whs.com/ its not expensive good support, also comes with site builder, so you do not even need to know html to build your own sites. You would probably need to register a domain though that costs like $10 a year and if u get the starter plan for a year thats like total of like 30$ per year and you are all set.



Other Replys:I would strongly recommend



godaddy.com



and WSO.net



I%26#039;ve had nothing but great experience with these companies...albeit I haven%26#039;t used either one in several years.



(Especially WSO.net... their servers are lightning fast and seem bulletproof)



EDIT: Just to clarify:



godaddy.com ---for domain names



WSO.net -- for hosting.



The way it works, you have to %26quot;buy%26quot; a domain name, and then take that information to a %26quot;Host%26quot; to %26quot;Lease%26quot; Cyberspace...if that makes sense.



As far as the HTML ...coding, etc...that%26#039;s a whole different ball of wax. Look on ebay, you can usually find very competent people who will make your site for peanuts on the dollar. Search %26quot;Affordable web design%26quot; or something similar on Ebay.



Other Replys:Check out www.tophostreviews.blogspot.com They offer the best comparison shopping for hosting, domain purchasing and the sort. I personally like the first one on the list because they offer it all and it is affordable. They also offer sitebuilder where you can create websites with ease.



Other Replys:Yes, hostmonster is one of the best.



More the list of BEST WEB HOSTING sites visit



http://www.nicewebhosts.com



Other Replys:Hello Alex. I%26#039;ll try to answer your questions in order:



1. The difference between domain, web hosting, .com , etc.



Domain:



Without going into great detail, basically a domain refers to your web address. For example, my website is www.eVentureBiz.com. That is my domain name.



Web Hosting:



You can think of web hosting as the landlord and the tenant is your website. You or someone else can create yourself a website right on your own computer using your own software. Then, you need to upload it somewhere so that it can be viewed on the Internet. That would be your web hosting company%26#039;s server.



.com



is short for commercial. If you were a government agency in the USA your ending would be .gov (whitehouse.gov). Likewise, if you are part of an organization you might end your web address (domain name) in .org.



Typically, UK customers like the .uk at the end of their domain name. For example, www.alexWebsite.uk.



Personally, I would go with .com because it%26#039;s what most of the world is more use to.



Which provider to use:



Well that%26#039;s up to you. Just make sure they provide everything you need. I suppose I%26#039;m a little bias because I own a web hosting company. But my company is different than any other. I run a blog and a forum on my site where I talk about website marketing, how to think creatively, and web development. On another note, all our hosting plans come with easy to insall software so you can install a blog or forum on your site if you wish. I have lots of picture tutorials on how to do this on our site. In the forum I run on our site, I help people whenever they ask. So if you run into problems, just post there and I%26#039;ll answer. I%26#039;m there to help.



Do they use html:



html is a programming language you use to build websites. Our hosting plans come with a site builder so you can build professional looking websites without having to know html. You just upload your pictures and type out the content you want. It does the rest. If you need help, our tech support replies to your emails usually within 30 minutes, 60 maximum.



I want it to seem professional:



Again, post in my forum and I%26#039;ll help you and make sure you are designing your site in a well presented way.



Fair price:



Our plans start at $83/year which works out to $6.95 per month.



Take care,



John Hoff - www.eventurebiz.com



PS sorry about the long post



Other Replys:Dear fiend, any bad web hosting service would trouble you for a long period. At first, try to choose a professional service to get rid of the subsequent problems. And also please don閳ユ獩 trust dishonest claims like unlimited hosting space or unlimited bandwidth!



As an experienced webmaster I suggest BlueHost service which I閳ユ獡 sure it would work for you and fulfill all your requirements. They have a really great offer for hosting %26amp; I have used them for over 3 yrs now, and have never had a single problem with them.



They are a Multi-awarded Web Hosting which offer a Full-featured service only $6.95 a month. Their service is really perfect and uptime.



You can go there through the address below:



http://bluehost-service.atspace.com



Here I have copied and pasted its features from their website to view:



- Multi-awarded



- Free Domain Forever



- 600 Gigabyte Hosting Space



- 6,000 GIGS of Transfer



- Host UNLIMITED Domains (Support All Domain Names)



- 2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts



- SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats



- CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL



- 2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions



- Free Site Builder



- 24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support



- Free Search Engine Submission



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment